HOW TO BE FOUND EARLY IN JAPANESE, CHINESE AND KOREAN
Over 130 tourism firms list on
CanadaJournal MUST GO™
METRICS for MUST GO™
Directory of Canadian
Tourism Establishments and Destinations in 2018
In 2018, visitors viewed a record 2.1
million pages of the MUST GO™ Directory published by Japan Advertising Ltd since 1999. Those tourism firms
booking a display banner and/or an annual directory listing (also with their hosted landing page) had a chance to be found by over 516,000 surfers (over 43,000
monthly uniques on average), a 4.2%
increase over the previous year, through the different versions of the MUST GO™ Directory:
- 181,000 in Japanese
- 179,000 in Chinese
- 156,000 in Korean
On average, each of the over 130
Canadian tourism establishments and destinations generate an estimated
annual 100 projected (future) leads
when listed in one language, and 250
leads when listed in all three languages. The TOP 25 most visited listed in all
three languages generate over 250
projected (future) leads.
Here are the links to MUST GO™ Directory:
The different language versions of the CanadaJournal (Travel & Leisure) Must Go™ Directory can be accessed through
search engines most popular in these languages:
The directory is also accessible through:
- Canada Journal, Japan Advertising Ltd's gateway site in Japanese for those studying and traveling in Canada.
- Corea Best Magazine, a popular Korean language site for Korean students, residents and tourists traveling to North America. With over 25,000 unique monthly visitors navigating through its Canadian gateway site.
Over 130 tourism firms list on MUST GO Directory
Infographic above shows the number of overnight arrivals of visitors from abroad to Canada in 2018 (by country of residence), excluding single day trips by land. Percentages shown are shifts compared to 2017.
Source: Statistics Canada, International Travel Survey - Frontier Counts (Dec. 2018)
PERFORMANCE OF DIRECTORY
LISTINGS & DISPLAY BANNER ADS
Historical data gathered through Japan Advertising Ltd's North American web publications in Japanese since 1999, Chinese since 2005/2006 and Korean since 2011 show on average:
- For instance, over a 12-month period ending in a recent year, Canadian tourism establishments and destinations generated views on average ranging between 2,000 and up to over 5,000 unique visits*
- About five percent of unique visits recorded on a directory listing or on its hosted (Mini) Web (landing) Page generate projected (future) leads*. When listed in all three languages, a school listing can generate up to over 250 projected (future) leads*.
- Each display banner ad is clicked on average by 0.2% of the annual unique visitors, therefore generating for an advertiser close to 1,000 projected (future) leads* from a presence in all three languages on the MUST GO™ Directory in a recent year.
- Moreover, because of its singular visual impact on each page viewed, such display banner delivers between three times and up to over five times greater awareness than the paid directory listing that the MUST GO™ Directory also offers, as shown from its historical aggregated metrics.
* Unique visits and projected leads continue to grow. Particularly since 2013, each online directory and their hosted Web (landing) Pages are optimized with over 100 keywords submitted and updated each year in Japanese, Chinese and Korean on the top seven search engines in those languages.
China is fast becoming the #1 source of world tourism. In 2019, for the first time, travelers from China are likely to have the largest number of overnight arrivals to Canada from oversea. Until now, the United Kingdom has held that #1 position.
- In 2018, arrivals from China (+6% vs 2017), Japan (-15% vs 2017) and South Korea (-16% vs 2017) totaled 1,234,000, a 3.5% decrease vs 2017. Whereas arrivals from the U.K, France and Germany totaled 1,802,000, no change versus 2017.
- Chinese travelers to Canada should continue to spend twice the number of nights recorded over recent years by UK visitors, the oversea country with the next best record in that regard.
For more on Market trends, go to Michel Bonin's Best Practices.
Here is how to list or host display banner on CanadaJournal (Travel & Leisure) Must Go™ Directory in Japanese, Chinese and/or Korean
Click on the Canada Map herewith or click here to view the TOP 25 Most Visited Canadian tourism establishments and destinations listed in a recent year on the (Travel & Leisure) MUST GO™ Directory in Japanese,
Chinese and/or Korean. Check the Mini-Web (landing) Pages hosted in Japanese, Chinese and Korean by clicking on any of the links under those TOP 25.
For example, this regular-size (148 x 75 pixels) display banner ad in Japanese hosted for Lobster On The Wharf, (Charlottetown PEI)
generated over 250 projected (future) leads through the Japanese
directory pages alone from 181,000 unique visits over a 12-month period.
- In comparison, over 225 projected (future) leads were generated through the same restaurant's listing in Japanese, Chinese and Korean in a recent twelve-month period. That is from an estimated over 4,500 surfers who viewed its alphabetical listing (Rolodex) or searched and found its Web (landing) Page hosted in all three languages.
Panoramic-size display banner ads (leaderboard) can also be hosted on all the directory pages in Japanese, Chinese and/or Korean. At 660 x 82 pixels like for example Greyhound Canada ad herewith in Japanese, it can be animated (gif or rich media format) or static, appearing in 8-second long sequence and in rotation with up to two others on top of the page).
FEES: To find out about the fees to book a display banner ad to be hosted on all the directory pages of CanadaJournal.com, go to How To Register.